Wednesday, October 17, 2007

la playa


The morning rain freshened up the air, and San Francisco sparkled in the warm afternoon sun once again.
Being such a lovely day, I put on my workout clothes, took my iPod, then went out to the beach. Under the occasional mild weather, there are many people at the beach. Listening to Monty Python's "Always Look On the Bright Side of Life," I came across teenage girls practicing soccer. They romped playfully on the mushy ground even though they are all covered with the sand. I remember when I was in schools in Japan, I was one of them too; didn't care how it looks, but how I enjoy. The cheerful sight of those girls became an enviable sight. I felt like it has been so long since I forgot the joy. Keeping running on the beach, I came across a drown seagull which was, I guess, about to die. A dog was curiously sniffing her (I don't know, it seemed like a girl to me.) but she stayed still covered with water and sand. I kept running because I knew that there is nothing I can do except letting her follow nature. Then I saw a dead seagull being half burried in the sand. "You come from nothing, you go back to nothing, so you lose nothing," a phrase from the song came into my mind.

A beach, where you come across "a life" , is my favourite place.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oOo, sounds like a very poetic afternoon, with the monthy python song and life contemplating. hmm, as a side note, do you happen to like soccer?? if so, you should come play with my friends and i! i just invited you on facebook, so hope to hear from you soon. interesting lyrics that you quoted from the monty python song, perhaps that might be another song to download, haha

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The female seagulls are usually more brownish/speckled on the head and the males are the much brighter and more solid white and grey. If that helps (could've still been a girl though... you never can tell really)

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home