Wednesday, January 17, 2007

BABEL


I have heard good about this movie from several people, and I personally like movies which had been shot in foreign country. (the US doesn't count as FOREIGN in my dictionary) What's more, there is a Japanese actor who is one of my favourite and knows how to act (appearance doesn't matter!) Therefore, there was no reason to hesitate to go to cinema for this movie.

It was such a sad movie, I have to say. No one was wrong. Everything was completely different pieces, but just because they are unfortunated, everything linked together and made everything worse. How ironic a life is. There is no such a thing like equality in life. It could get worse and worse. Very realistic, but fascinating.

People, don't worry, or maybe I should say, don't get too excited. Japanese girls usually wear pants underneath short skirts!

4 Comments:

Blogger My Top Ten said...

nice review. Glad you finally saw it, and also for taking a load off my shoulders I was so worried about Japanese girls with no underpants!

I think the main theme in the movie is how we cannot communicate to each other, and what problems that can cause. It wasn't just the mute Japanese girl, it was even people perfectly capable to speak that nevertheless failed in their communication with the close ones...

9:51 AM  
Blogger sheeep said...

Yes, it is not only because of their language or capability of speaking, but also something deeper where words can never reach. I think the title "Babel" is very appropriate for this movie.

9:00 PM  
Blogger My Top Ten said...

The name of the Japanese actress is Rinko Kikuchi, and she is absolutely lovely.

1:48 PM  
Blogger sheeep said...

Yes, and she is nominated for Oscar.
But her dress for Golden Glove was absolutely awful.

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home